Sunday, April 29, 2012

Andres Carne de Res D.C.


          Andres Carne de Res D.C. ( otherwise known as Andres Carne) is a 4 or 5 floor restaurant where you also dance and have fun. It is always playing music that is upbeat and good for dancing (salsa, pop, etc.)
     
 The menu is about 40 pages long and is really just a detailed description of about any find of meaty food you can think of and alcoholic drinks. Very expensive, my friends and I only ordered some appetizers to share with everyone.



My friend ordered this mojito and didn't find out until we were about to leave that it was $45.000 (in Colombian pesos) or about US$24.00. Can you believe that??


 In the restaurant are many people that try to get you to dance and have fun. We even had a little performance by these guys welcoming us all into Colombia and to Andres Carne.



One thing I wish i had gotten a photo of were the cowboys running around with bananas, instead of guns, getting people to move to the dance floor. As we tried to walk around to look at the entire building, we had to maneuver our way through the couples dancing salsa and meringue and the little cowboys chasing them with their bananas. It was definitely a sight to see.


 Because the dance floors were so packed, my friends and I found a table in a corner somewhere (away from the cowboys) and used that space as our dance floor. We had large speakers right by our table to we could hear the music perfectly and we could eat and drink without having to break through barriers of dancers.



Good thing I've been taking dance classes, so I can almost keep up with the pros :P I don't trip over my own feet all the time now. Just sometimes...




Y-M-C-A!!!
I thank my Canadian friend for this sneaky shot :P



Flamenco dancing? What?



Alright, well that's it for this blog
:)





4 comments:

  1. Gracias por la actualización. I miss my trips to Colombia :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie,

    I am delighted that you're enjoying the journey. Travel is truly educational.

    Thelma Carroll

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when Andres carne de res was just a restaurant on the side of the road for the Sunday drives getting out of town for a little while. The food was excellent.... only one story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also went to Andres Carne Chia with Clara, which I think is the one you are talking about because it is still on the side of the road. But it's HUGE, i can't remember if it was more than one story but i remember walking for what seemed like 10 minutes just to get to our table. And that horrifying walk back to the car after being so full with such good food, hahaha

      Delete